After looking at the syllabus, this class is everything I’ve been hoping it would be! Some of the class goals are…
- Designing a business plan (specifically a 5-year plan).
- Learning about different genealogy careers.
- Studying what it takes to run a successful business, and/or to become a successful employee.
- To discover marketing tips and tricks.
- To take advantage of social networking.
These are just to name a few!
I’ve had Hovorka as a teacher before and she’s great! All the genealogy teachers at SLCC have been so nice and helpful. It’s been a breath of fresh air and such an unexpected surprise!
Janet Hovorka has a Bachelor’s Degree from BYU and has run a successful genealogy business for over 12 years. She makes wonderful charts at her business, Family Chart Masters, and has written books. In fact, she creates these charts for people worldwide.
In addition, Hovorka runs the following blogs: Zap The Grandma Gap and The Chart Chick. For a brief introduction about her, please watch her YouTube video (click here).